ATTN 2015 GRADS
FIELD RESEARCH ASSOCIATE POSITION
launching in India in May/June 2015
ABOUT THE POSITION: The RA position starts May 1, and will continue at least until January 2016. The main tasks of the RA will be to
- coordinate activities with RGMVP and collect baseline data on the functioning of self-help groups,
- attend some of the training sessions and conduct focus group interviews,
- ensure that the experimental protocol is followed and that training is offered only in previously identified “treatment” Gram Panchayats,
- assist in survey design and coordination with survey company to conduct surveys in June and October,
- organize data from surveys, focus groups and administrative records,
- perform initial statistical analysis, preferably using Stata software.
For full information, please download this word document.
ATTN 2015 GRADS
Chicago Booth says: "We are looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals to work as full-time research assistants for a period of at least one year. Our preferred start date is July 1st 2015 although we are willing to accommodate an earlier or later start. The application deadline is April 1st 2015."
Attn: '15 Seniors:
Summer 2015 Research Assistant for Behavioral Economists
Founded in 1920, the National Bureau of Economic Research is a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan research organization dedicated to promoting a greater understanding of how the economy works. The NBER is committed to undertaking and disseminating unbiased economic research among public policymakers, business professionals, and the academic community. The NBER is an equal opportunity employer.
Careers in Community Organizing for Social Justice
Joan Leslie, Dartmouth '12 and Community Organizer in the DART Network, will be presenting webinar information sessions on Wednesday, October 1 at 8pm EST and Thursday, October 2 at 7pm EST to discuss careers in community organizing with individuals interested in empowering communities and working for social change.
RSVP for either event at www.thedartcenter.org/events.
DART hires and trains organizers to lead campaigns on a broad set of justice issues including:
- Plugging the school-to-prison pipeline
- Reining in predatory lending practices
- Expanding access to primary health and dental care
- Prioritizing funding for affordable housing and job training
- Education reform in low-performing public schools
Positions start January 5, 2015 in Miami, Daytona Beach, St. Petersburg and Tampa. Positions start June 29, 2015 in Jacksonville, St. Petersburg, Sarasota, Ft. Lauderdale, FL and Lawrence and Topeka, KS. Starting salary $34,000/year + benefits, with regular performance based raises.
Fluent Spanish speakers are needed in several of these cities.
Subject: U.S. Department of Treasury's Office of Economic Policy Internship Program
Dear Undergraduate Economics Departments,
The U.S. Department of Treasury’s Economic Policy Office would like to inform the most qualified undergraduate students about our internship program this upcoming SPRING. In the past, we have had very successful interns take part in this program from your school and would like to encourage all interested students to apply before the November 4th deadline. We appreciate your support!
If you have any further questions, please reach out to Christine Devlin at Christine.Devlin@treasury.gov or 202-622-2200.
Office of Economic Policy
U.S. Treasury Department