JOBS FOR AFTER GRADUATION
If you are a senior interested in pursuing a research job after graduation, we strongly recommend looking closely at the following:
- Economic Research Analyst, Winter/Spring 2022 - The Economic Analysis Group in the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice is looking for detail-oriented, highly motivated individuals to join their team that provides economic analysis for antitrust cases brought by the division. Applicants need to have a bachelor's degree and be U.S. citizens.
- Research Intern, Summer 2022 - Walleye Capital is looking for exceptional students graduating in 2023. Candidates should be both passionate about finance and highly proficient in writing code. https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/5493003.
- Full-Time Research Assistant, Summer 2022 - Pre-doctoral fellowships based at Harvard University under the direction of Professors Raj Chetty and Nathaniel Hendren and at Brown University under the direction of Professor John Friedman. The team's mission is to develop scalable policy solutions that will empower families throught the United States to rise out of poverty and achieve better life outcomes.
- Full-Time Research Assistant, Summer 2022 - National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) offices in Cambridge, MA. The ideal candidate is someone who is interested in genoeconomics (i.e., the identification of genetic variation that is associated with variation in economic behavior), and is likely to pursue a PhD in economics, genomics, statistics, data science, or a related field.
- Full-Time Research Assistant, Summer/Fall 2021 - Prof. Daniel Benjamin (UCLA) and his co-authors. Ideal for individuals interested in behavioral economics research and likely to pursue a PhD in economics.
- Full-Time Research Assistant, Summer 2022 - Prof. Daniel Benjamin (UCLA) and his co-authors. For individuals interested in behavioral economics research and likely to pursue a PhD in economics.
- Research Analyst - Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- Program Coordinator and Research Assistant - Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS). Contact gerard.dipippo<at>gmail.com with questions.
- Pre-Doctoral Research Fellow - Stanford Professor Heidi Williams
- Pre-Doctoral Research Fellow - MIT Professor Amy Finkelstein
- Analyst - Cornerstone Research: Economic and Financial Consulting and Expert Testimony
- Analyst FT & Internship Opportunities - Analysis Group: Economic Consulting and Strategy
AG Recruiting Brochure 2021
- Research Associates - Lab for Economic Opportunities
- Pre-Doctoral Fellowships - Opportunity Insights at Havard University
- Research Assistants - Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- This listing of research jobs suitable for bachelor's degree candidates, graduate students, or post-docs with faculty across the country, maintained by the National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Research jobs in the Federal Reserve System (Spring and Fall Recruiting Cycles).
- AEA Summer and Scholarship Programs (ongoing)
- Research Associate positions at Precision Agriculture for Development, a small, but fast-growing global non-profit that uses tech, data science and behavioral economics to provide targeted information to farmers in developing countries.
Note that the APPLICATIONS ARE OFTEN ACCEPTED BEGINNING IN THE EARLY FALL.