Six courses in addition to the prerequisites, with a GPA for these six courses of no less than 2.0. The six courses must include the following:
- ECON 20, ECON 21, and ECON 22
- A culminating experience class and its prerequisites. This implies choosing a 3-course sequence from among the following:
- ECON 62, with prerequisites ECON 32 and ECON 29
- ECON 64, with prerequisites ECON 24 and either ECON 27 or ECON 39
- ECON 65, with prerequisites ECON 25 and ECON 35
- ECON 66, with prerequisites ECON 26 and ECON 36
- ECON 67, with prerequisites ECON 27 and either ECON 24 or ECON 28 or ECON 37
- ECON 68, with prerequisites ECON 28 and ECON 38
- ECON 69, with prerequisites ECON 29 and ECON 39
- Honors via the 80-81-82 sequence (see below)
NOTES: The courses numbered 62-69 are identical to corresponding course numbers 42-49 in the period before Winter 2020 and satisfy the same requirements.
This set of minor requirements first went into effect for the class of 2024. These requirements are also acceptable for earlier classes. If this is your first time declaring an economics minor you should start here regardless of your class year. Students entering before 2020 have the option of fulfilling the minor requirements under the ORC when they matriculated. Follow this link to an archived description of the older minor requirements. The majority of minor declarations will satisfy both the old and new requirements.
Click here for the Economics Minor Worksheet